My baby shot me down...



"Bang Bang, he shot me down,
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down."


The words of the American song I had heard on the radio, played over and over,in my head. The news channels in their frenzy, covered every bit of what gruesome atrocity had taken place. And worst of all... it was my son who was responsible.

"God has blessed us, my dear" my husband said to me. Indeed He had. For years we had been trying and now finally I had in my arms, God's very own angel. He was beautiful. His rubicund lips, his kissable cheeks, snow white skin and glowing eyes, all announced his exit from heaven to earth's door and that too, I was the lucky one to receive him.

Born as the middle child, I was often forgotten amongst the other fourteen of my brothers and sisters. But my time had come when I was 12. I was engaged to this handsome man. "He's a professor at the the University" they all told me. "You're very lucky to get him" and my eyes shied away from their naughty glares.

The untimely death of our first born, weighed heavily on both of us. Depression rearing its ugly head wherever we looked."We'll get through this, my dear" my husband said and with that we survived.

His growing years were tiresome but one of the best years in my life. Who knew God's little angel was such a shaitaan. But in the end we always melted, giving in to his every desire.We loved him so dearly. My sweet little boy.

After school he had got admission in a college in the city.He decided it was best to stay on campus and promised to visit every week.My husband sat him down to discuss the various procedures involved for the hostel and tried to coax his son into taking the subject he taught at University, English. But our boy was stubborn and engineering was all what he ever wanted to do.

Packing his bags, tears filled my eyes as I placed a photo of all of us at the beach. Such wonderful times those were, when we were all together. And now it was time for the bird to fly away from his nest.I stand there at the entrance awaiting his return.

"This now come in. Local authorities have identified the person who is an engineering student at the the University. He along with his group of 3 others held hostage 25 people in the college building and had threatened to kill each of the hostages if their demands were not met."

How could he have done this? What went missing in all the love we had provided him. He was such a happy child and was kind and considerate to others. But now... he was a murderer.My own flesh and blood... a terror to mankind.

I wish I had never let you go. You would have been safe here with me, instead of having your mind poisoned by those bad boys. I want to hold you again in my arms. But how can I, for now your arms are blood stained with the lives of many.

I love you, my son... And I forgive you... Please come back to me...


"Now he's gone, I don't know why
And till this day, sometimes I cry
He didn't even say goodbye
He didn't take the time to lie.

Bang bang, he shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down..."





Thank you to http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/killbill/bangbangmybabyshotmedown.htm for helping me with the lyrics.

0 comebacks:

 

Risus Sardonicus Design by Insight © 2009